Saturday, February 5, 2011

valentine cozy



Had to replace the fraying silver purse with this new eggplant pleather (clearance, ka-ching) so of course it needed some valentiney goodness to complement it.

 


Gadget cozies are such instant gratification. It only took a few minutes to put together because I already had the stuff on hand and white thread was already loaded in my machine. This one I made with an elastic button closure so it could hang outside the purse and show off the phone love. I could also really use a hanging cozy just for kleenex inside my purse. I'm constantly digging for a tissue. Maybe next.

(This is an easy mod to my Gadget Cozy pattern. Substitute grosgrain ribbon for the bias binding loop and use graduated stacked hearts instead of the other appliques. Just sew the hearts up the middle and you're done.)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! I love instant gratification projects that turn out so beautiful. They are often just what you need to turn a ho-hum I am barely managing keeping it together mum day to a wow I made something day. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute adaptation! Just lover-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab speedy make. And you'll be able to look at it when you're out and about and think "I made that" - instant craft satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love adorable gadget cozies, and I love your idea as this for a little tissue holder. I think I'll make one for a friend who is perpetually in need of tissues ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so beautiful! Love the colors - very well-chosen. Thank you for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you solve the tissues-in-purse problem I will be eternally grateful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just brilliant. LOVE the heart design!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!